Thank you for purchasing the DSP Series amplifier. At Origin Acoustics, we take pride in providing you with a high quality product. All of Origin Acoustics’ products are designed to have excellent sound quality, longevity, and a simple installation process.
This instruction booklet covers the necessary information for a smooth installation, including: the tools you will need, step-by-step instructions for installation, troubleshooting tips for any errors that may occur, and all warranty information. If for any reason you experience problems or if you have installation questions please call us at (844) 674-4461. Hours of operation are 8:00am to 5:00pm (Pacific Time), Monday through Friday.
*Rack Ears For Dual 1U Mount Sold Separately
Important Safety Instructions
Read these instructions
• Keep these instructions
• Heed all warnings
• Follow all instructions
• Do not use apparatus near water
• Clean only with dry cloth
• Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
• Do not install near any heart sources such as radiators, head registers, stoves, or other apparatus including amplifiers that produce heart
• Do not install near heat sources such as radiators heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
• Do not defeat the safety purpose of polarized or grounding type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding plug. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for you safety. If the plug does not fit into your outlet consult an electrician for replacement or the obsolete outlet.
• Protect the power plug from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
• Only user attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
• Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, or table specified by the manufacturer or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the car/apparatus combination to avoid injury form tipping over.
To adjust the DSP settings for this amplifier, there is a rotary dial on the rear. Rotating this dial with automatically set the DSP curve, as outlined within the amplifier preset insert located inside of the carton. This amplifier does not include software for custom DSP adjustments.
1. Flat (No DSP)
2. DSP for Director 5” Speakers
3. DSP for Director 6” Speakers
4. DSP for Director 8” Speakers
5. DSP for Director 10” Speakers.
6. DSP for use as an 8 ohm subwoofer amp. (Bridged only)
Quick Setup Guide
The DSP2-200 provides uncolored, clean amplification to loudspeakers rated from 4-ohms and up. It contains preset DSP curves for Origin Acoustics products and is ready for installation into a rack or inside a cabinet.
We recommend at least ten inches of clearance on both the left and right sides of the amplifier. The included rack-wings will ensure proper ventilation in the rack. Alternatively, you can use the included feet to place this module in a ventilated area without a rack.
The amplifier has line-level RCA inputs and Optical. Both of these options also have signal pass-through, for connection to another amplifier. Only one input can be used at once. The block style connector can accept up to 12g wire securely.
We recommend 12-14g wire for this amplifier.
Please do not place this amplifier in wet conditions or where it could become splashed with water. For additional protection, the amplifier will shut-down at 158-degrees Fahrenheit. The amplifier will also shut-down after twenty-minutes without use. The amplifier does have optional auto-sense and will turn back-on upon receiving a signal.
This two-channel 200w amplifier can be bridged into 360w mono by utilizing the switch on the rear. Please ensure the amplifier is switched in the correct mode before powering on with loudspeakers attached.
If you have a problem, try isolating it first. For example, if you’re playing a DVD and there is no sound, try replacing the DVD with an MP3 player to see if you get sound. If it does work, then the problem is with the television, DVD player, or the cables connecting them. If it doesn’t work, the problem will be with the amplifier, speakers, or those cables.
|NO SOUND||The volume may be turned down or muted. Check the volume settings volume may be turned down or muted. Check the volume settings on both the amplifier and the DVD player/ television/ computer/ etc.|
|NO SOUND||Make sure the proper source is selected on the amplifier or receiver.|
|NO SOUND||Check the cord connecting the amplifier with the source. The cord may be damaged or plugged into the wrong input or output.|
|NO SOUND||Check the wires connecting the amplifier with the speakers. Make sure they’re connected properly and not damaged in any way.|
|POOR SOUND QUALITY||If you hear something like static, or the sound is cutting in and out, check the audio cables. If the problem increases when a cable is being moved, then the cable is most likely faulty or not connected properly.|
|POOR SOUND QUALITY||Today’s audio systems may have several places to adjust the volume, for example your MP3 player may have a volume control, and your amplifier may also have one. Check to be certain that the volume isn’t turned up past 80% on any device.|
|POOR SOUND QUALITY||Try changing sources to be certain that the selection you’ve chosen is a good quality recording.|
If you have any questions or concerns about installing or using this product, you can reach us through one of the following methods:
Phone: (844) 674-4461
Hours of operation: 8:00am – 5:00pm (Pacific Time), Mon – Fri
If you are having technical trouble, please include the model number and briefly explain what steps you took to resolve the problem in your email, or be prepared to answer these questions over the phone. If you are considering returning the product, it’s required that you contact Origin Acoustics prior to any return attempts. This way we can determine if the issue can be resolved without returning the product, or if needed we can provide instructions and support for the return process.
2-Year Limited Warranty
Origin Acoustics warrants to the original retail purchaser only that this Origin Acoustics product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, provided the speaker was purchased from an Origin Acoustics authorized dealer.
If the product is determined to be defective, it will be repaired or replaced at Origin Acoustics’ discretion. If the product must be replaced yet it is no longer manufactured, it will be replaced with a model of equal to or greater value that is the most similar to the original. If this is the case, installing the replacement model may require mounting modifications; Origin Acoustics will not be responsible for any such related costs.
Requirements & Coverage
This warranty may not be valid if the product was purchased through an unauthorized dealer. This warranty only applies to the individual that made the original purchase, and it cannot be applied to other purchases. The purchaser must be prepared to provide proof of purchase (receipt). This warranty will not be valid if the identifying number or serial number has been removed, defaced, or altered.
Not Covered by Warranty
- Accidental damage
- Damage caused by abuse or misuse
- Damage caused by attempted repairs/modifications by anyone other than Origin Acoustics or an authorized dealer
- Damage caused by improper installation
- Normal wear, maintenance, and environmental issues
- Damage caused by voltage inputs in excess of the rated maximum of the unit
- Damage inflicted during the return shipment
Before making any return attempts, it is required that you first contact Origin Acoustics. Return product to Origin Acoustics or your dealer, either in person or by mail. It’s preferable if the product is returned in the original packaging. If this isn’t possible, the customer is responsible for insuring the shipment for the full value of the product.
This warranty is in lieu of all other expressed or implied warranties. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties, so this may not apply depending on the customer’s location. (For more information, see Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.)
|# of Channels:||2 Powered Out (L/R)|
|Analog Input:||1 x RCA Unbalanced|
|Analog output:||1 x RCA Unbalanced|
|Digital Input:||1 x Optical|
|Digital Output:||1 x Optical|
|Dimensions:||8 1/2 x 15 1/5 x 2 1/5” (216 x 386 x 55mm) (With Feet)
8 1/2 x 15 1/5 x 1 3/4” (216 x 386 x 45mm) (Without Feet)
|Dynamic Power:||2 x 200W @4 ohm
1 x 360W @ 8 ohm/Bridged.
|Power Draw:||2.46A / 0.124A|
|Protection:||Over-Current, Over/Under Voltage, Output DC and Over-Temperature|